The other day I had my mind set on catching a train into Boston to walk around the city and take pictures of what I came across. I even had it on my goal list! As you might have read with my update blog, I was standing on the wrong tracks, on the wrong side so ultimately, I watched the train come and go. Since that was the last train for a while, I decided to do something different. I took out my handy Roadside America iphone app and came across an attraction called the Museum of Bad Art. Perfect, I thought! I followed the directions from the app and it took me to an old movie theatre in town. As I walked in, there was a man standing there with a puzzled look on his face. I suspect since it was in the middle of the day and there weren't any movies showing for a long time. I asked him where the museum was. He said, "museum?" I said, "um..yes, the one with the bad art..." He smiled and said, "oh, it's down there...enjoy!" I looked across the...
I have always loved the cape and I still do. I spent some time at the tip of the cape in a little community called Provincetown. Each town on the cape has its own distinctive personality and charm and there is something special about every community you come across. I didn't get to spend as much time here as I did last September, but it was special just the same. There really is something for everyone on the cape. Most of the days were rainy when I was visiting but I took advantage of the clear breaks when they came. I took Max for a spin in his trailer, walked along the beach, went to the bark park, strolled around commercial street and soaked in the sights. I didn't take as many photographs as I did last year, but these are a few taken with the three cameras I have with me. I did pretty much the same as I did a year ago. Sometimes I like to set the timer on my camera and jump around on the beach to entertain myself. It's actually quite the...
I love this city. I came here last year on my trip and fell in love with the place. There is art everywhere you look, the people are weird and there are plenty of places to eat out of a food truck. What is not to love about that? During this short stay, I wandered around to several galleries on the East Austin Studio Tour . The tour is pretty spread out so you won't be able to cover everything in a day. I just stumbled upon several of the galleries, ate at some food trucks and met some amazing artists. I loved finding The Wonder Craft . It's an Airstream filled with handmade goodies that everyone loved. You could see it in their eyes as they walked in. I know my face must have looked the same as I stepped inside. It was the, "ooooo look at all of the hand made goodies!" face. Along the tour route, I was able to chat with many of the artists and a few photographers I particularly enjoyed meeting were Sarah Wilson and George Brainard...
Komentar
Posting Komentar